It provides over 100 different layers related to energy resources and other infrastructure relevant for planning, in the energy sector. Users can query and search by well structured attributes, overlay and analyze these resources together. You can also find the interaction among key energy stakeholders and locations of power plants and other energy related projects.
Click the map image below to explore the Observatory GIS Viewer
After the implementation of the ACP-EU Project ECOWREX 2, the map viewer:
- Is totally OGC standards compliant;
- Is easily linked to other initiatives or projects;
- Some new functionalities have been added to increase the user's interaction with the geospatial content.
Also available is a metadata catalog that will link each layer on the map viewer to its corresponding metadata record. It stores data documentation and make it searchable. Through the metadata catalog other projects and initiatives will be able to directly harvest the ECOWREX metadata and push them into a global visibility.
VISIT THE ECOWREX METADATA CATALOG BY CLICKING HERE
- Based on standard ISO 19115/19139;
- CSW service: Catalog Service for the Web based on the OGC standard;
- Can be harvested by other metadata catalogs through the OGC Catalogue Service for the web (CSW);
- Developed with GeoNetwork.